Maggie Gill is currently the CEO and president of Memorial Health Medical Center. Gill was hired as the finance vice president of Memorial Health in 2004. In 2005, she became the company’s chief operating officer. In 2011, she rose to the rank of CEO and president of the firm. As the company’s head, Gill is responsible for government relations, internal audits, physician relations, neuroscience and orthopedic programs, corporate communications, preoperative services, and facilities management. Before being appointed to Memorial Health, Gill worked as the chief financial officer of Tenet South Florida. While in this position, Maggie Gill was honoured three times with the award of Outstanding CFO. During her tenure at Tenet, she also served at Palmetto General Hospital, Shore Medical Center, and Coral Gables Hospital.
Gill’s Education Background
Gill has also attended a strategic thinking and management course at the Wharton School.
Annual Healthcare Heroes Awards
On Tuesday, November 1, 2016, The Georgia Medical Society held their Heroes Award. These awards are aimed at recognizing individuals who are dedicated to improving their community’s health and wellbeing. Individuals and organizations are nominated in six categories: health care education, health care innovation, community outreach, allied health professionals, physician lifetime achievement, and institution/organization. The Memorial health team clinched seven awards. Memorial Health clinched the following awards:
- Innovation in Health Care: Memorial Health’s Residency Program and Mercer University partnered to form a Track Program for Primary Care. This program was recognized through this award.
- Health Care Education: The Teen Drivers Program, an initiative that trains new drivers and their patents regarding motor vehicle safety.
- Community Outreach: In this category, the winners were Cynthia Willet and Dwaine, sponsors of the Dwaine and Cynthia Willet Savannah Children Hospital based at Memorial University Medical Center.
- Institutions/Organizations: Memorial University Medical Center’s Infectious Disease Response Program clinched this award.
- Physicians Lifetime Achievement: This award was clinched by two people: Carl Boyd, the managing director, and leader of the Memorial University Medical Center’s level 1 trauma center and Linda Sacks, the managing director and leader of Memorial University Medical Center’s level 3 neonatal intensive care nursery.
Under Gill’s leadership, Memorial Health Medical Center has achieved a lot in providing health care services to the public. As Gill continues to serve as CEO and president this year, many expect to see a much improved health care system at Memorial Health Medical Center.